The SCC library will remain largely virtual this summer, but we are opening the Central Campus Library on a limited basis to serve the needs of SCC students, faculty, and staff.
At the library: Central Campus, Mon-Thurs. 10am-2pm (students, faculty, staff only)
• Books and DVDs to check out
• Student computers, wi-fi, and printing
• Limited equipment - copier, scanner, etc.
Virtual Library: Available anytime (see library website, http://library.sccsc.edu)
• Research and general assistance via our Ask-a-librarian email service
• Electronic databases, e-books, and streaming videos
• Library Research Guides for various assignments and subject areas
Need to return Library materials? No late fees or fines will be charged for the remainder of the summer semester. If you have items to return, you may use the outdoor book drop, next to the front door of the LIB building on the Central Campus. Or simply bring the items in during our opening hours.
In order to preserve the health and safety of our students and staff, the SCC Library will be operating under recommended guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness. Please note that the library will be adhering to the following procedures:
• The Central Campus Library will be open Monday through Thursday, 10:00 am – 2:00 pm. All other campus libraries are currently closed.
• Students are required to wear masks while using the library. If you do not have a mask, one can be obtained at the SCC Book Inn.
• Only SCC students, faculty, and staff will be allowed in the library at this time.
• Library patrons should disinfect their own computer/workspace with the provided alcohol wipes before and after each use.
• Study rooms are not currently available.
• Please use only the computers without the yellow signs and maintain a distance of six feet or more from other students and staff.
• Please ask for assistance with locating library materials. The shelves are currently off limits.
• Library staff are still available for assistance with research, MLA and APA formatting, and other services. Please ask for help at the circulation desk.
• Headphones are not currently available. Please supply your own.
• Library materials may be returned at any time in the outdoor drop box at the Central Campus Library.
• Some library material/equipment may be unavailable during this time.
We are also ready to assist you online at http://library.sccsc.edu/askalibrarian/
Please let us know if you have questions or concerns.